10-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3buyerScotland View Post
So, same engine, same gear box same toys. Observations? Well the 5 cockpit feels enclosed after the X3, with the low front roof line being less appealing. The 5 boot is deeper but room in the back of the 5 is reduced- with kiddy seats the back is a tight squeeze. And the X3 suspension and power thro 4 wheels is also a win. Sat a friend about to buy a 5 into it then the X3 and now he has a problem as he did not like the 5 nearly as much. So high praise indeed after all the awards the 5 has won. Plus the exterior dimensions are bigger to the point where it won't fit in a standard UK garage (at least not the ones I tried) where as the X3 does. No going back for me then!
I have the 550i M Sport 2011 model, it fits in garages ok, the X3 will be a foot shorter but 1" wider, I have had the demo in my garage so that fits too, I feel the X3 steers better than the 550i, it seems to go round corners smoother with a flatter feeling. I am looking forward to the X3 35D M Sport. The 5 series just has not cut it for me, and thats after only 10 months of ownership, at least I got a good forward valuation on it in PX for the X3
Will I miss all that power.......................... Na ; the X3 should go well enough.
Attached Images