04-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #2
xDrive35i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by faztaz
I have a 08 Manual X3 Sport that I thoroughly enjoy but I feel its time to jump to the new body style. I was waiting patiently an X3M or manual transmission (or both I can dream can’t I) but much to my dismay it looks like neither will be available. My question is what mods, performance and cosmetic, can I make to a US spec X3 M-Sport 35i to get it as close to the X3M that we have all be waiting for. As far as I know there are no OEM BMW performance accessories for the X3 yet? What about after market dual exhaust, chip, front/rear bumpers? I would like to keep the car class but also improve on its performance and make it look even sportier. I am really not interested in the comments aimed at telling me to get a sport car, or an X5M, etc.
The current X5 xDrive35i M-sport is available with a performance package that I believe bumps power. Considering the X3 xDrive35i and the X5 both use the same transmission programming, I'm sure you could find out the tuning of the X5 performance package and apply it to the X3. Otherwise, PM user "fiddy yen" about his JB4 tune, which he raves about. There's also an option from Hartge that bumps power of the 35i to 362hp and 354 lb-ft. If you search the forums, there's a photograph of a European X3 M-sport with aftermarket dual-exhaust tips and some info as to purchasing it yourself. However, this exhaust seems to only be available for the 20d and 30d, but I'm sure you could figure something out. Paint the M-sport rear valence to body color, then you can order BMW accessory wheel style 311 (20") to top off the truly individual look.

Hartge offers a whole package if you want to upgrade your car in every dynamic way.

Last edited by xDrive35i; 04-29-2012 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0