View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #40
lbjgh
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 AW X3 M-Sport

Well if the SA were doing their jobs they would already know there was a TSB to address your concern. You would think the SA would appreciate additional information to resolve your issue and to help future customers.

My Niece's boyfriend is a SA for a Honda dealership and says they hate customers who bring in information from the internet. Lets face it the SA have to deal with dozens of models and production years so they can't be expected to know everything... I just wish they (the SA) understood that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
Took the X3 into the dealer yesterday with 3 complaints: Throttle Lag, Fluctuating idle, loud wind noise coming from the right A-pillar / mirror area.

Upon greeting the advisor and explaining the main problem: throttle lag I got the standard 'This is how all BMWs opperate, there is nothinig wrong with your X3. If there was a problem BMW would have contacted you. blah blah blah.' We then produced the TSB (can't thank the original poster enough for this) and he then said and I quote 'We would greatly appreciate it if you didn't tell us how to do our jobs.' WTF, really? Anyway, later in the afternoon they called to say there were doing the software update and it would be ready for pick up the following day (today). They also ordered 2 revised parts to address the wind noise and they were supposed to be delivered today as well. Concerning the fluctuating idle, that should also be resolved with the SW patch.

So all in all wife was extremely happy and very excited to see if the SW patch really addresses her throttle lag. I really hope it does. It's no fun listening to the wife come home every single night talking about how much she hates the throttle tip in on her X3.

Also, they gave her a new F30 Modern Line 328i. I'll be honest, it's not that great. I had high hopes too. Beleive it or not but I really think the X3 feels more stable and obviously the N55 is more stout than the little turbo 4 in the 328. I'd pick the X3 over the F30 any day. I had planned on picking up a new F31 335i (wagon) in M Sport trim if they decide to ship to the US but now I may seriously have to consider looking at an S4 or something similar. I just hope with the M Sport adjustable suspension and the N55 the F31 will be entirely different than what we drove around in yesterday. Also, fwiw, this F30 had a terrible whisteling coming from same area as that on the X3 BUT it was even louder.
Appreciate 0