View Single Post
      04-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #34
MCX3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 3.5i

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
That's great to hear MCX3! Did you take the TSB that was posted on this forum or did you just tell the dealer of your problems? When you got the paper work back were there any comments on exactly what was performed?

We made an apointment for the wife's X3 next Tuesday. I've printed out the pdf that rchaas posted earlier in hopes that will expedite the fix this time around.
I did not bring the TSB......it had not been posted here when I brought the car in. My service adviser had not heard of the problem but brought up a list of open TSB's to see if he found one matching the description of the problem and did find the same one posted here and created the work order. Do yourselves a favor though and print the TSB posted here and bring it in with you to save some time.

When the tech performed the test drive he commented on the ticket notes that he was not able to confirm my complaint but they did the upgrade anyhow. I was not in the car during the test drive....had I been he would have seen the issue.

On the Repair Invoice (all no charge):

0000006 Performing Vehicle Test
6100730 Programming /Encoding Control Units
FC: 1042037100
Part# <blank>
Count: <blank>
Claim Type: <blank>
Auth Code:<blank>

In the tech notes he listed ".........found SIB 24 02 12 concerning exact symptoms. Checked vehicle integration level and found that the car integration level requires update to the latest update. Vehicle initial integration level F025-11-09-507. Current vehicle integration level after programming: F025-12-03-501."
Appreciate 0