Thread: Radar hardwire
View Single Post
      03-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #25
lotus18
Rep
Drives: 2013 x3

success for my 2013 X3

nevermind, it's the same color wire...green/brown.

i tried the fuses #186 as recommended as well as i had tested every one of them in the trunk, all were always hot...so i cracked open the overhead console again and this time i didnt look into the place recommended by alanintx and instead found the wire within the bundle on top of the windshield going into the rearview mirror..it was so much easier to access that one than alanintx's location....

after tried both fuses and overhead console method, i think the console one is the best for it's loaction in front and it's stealth and professional installation. of course, the removal of the console was the most time consuming and would take a lot of courage to remove. but once it has been removed and the trick and step are revealed, no big deal, i can easily go back and re-open it with a heartbeat now.

another thing alanintx forgot to mention is to attach an in-line fuse holder to the positive wire. remember the original cigarette lighter plug that your radar came with has a fuse inside? so, i took it out and placed it inside the fuse holder to protect the radar..

also, dunt have to unplug the console once it has been removed from the roof. i made a mistake to unplug it, thinking it would be easier to access to the wire bundle which alanintx suggested, but after i plugged back and re-installed the console, i've got the 'passsenger restraint malfunction' message on the dash and the nav screen, had to take to the dealer to clear the code..so dunt do as i did in that compartment..

ok, that's it folk, happy hardwiring the radar.....
Appreciate 0