PX3
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 / F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
Peter

Some 2 years ago, I had a similar noise problem on my 2012 F31 320d where a leaf had got ingested into the heater intake and was fouling the fan blades. I took it to a dealer and they removed the leaf and fitted a mesh screen that had not been part of the installation when my car was assembled. It is now a standard fitting.

Worth mentioning that to the dealer, because there are cases where the mesh screen has not been fitted on assembly.
Well I finally got round to booking my car in for a brake fluid change and the issue with the noisy fan on max and therefore I thought I would update this post in case anyone else experiences the same issue.
Peter - Spot on with your comment, although the dealer said the existing mesh screen was not sufficient (apparently the holes were fairly big, but maybe they just didn't want to say it was missing!) and therefore replaced with a new redesigned mesh screen, so issue fixed

I booked my car in as part of the 'Fast Lane Service' and was really impressed with the way the dealer dealt with the whole experience, from a meet and greet in the carpark to a drink in the waiting area, followed by a text from the dealer showing me a health check video of my car by the mechanic, everything was spot on and far above anything I've experienced elsewhere with other manufacturer dealers.
Appreciate 0