View Single Post
      09-24-2012, 03:30 PM   #15
toneus
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40d SE (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
There is a lot of confusion about the names of the options but I'm pretty sure there is no "comfort" mode in any X3. There is "Normal" on X3s with VDC which will be more comfortable than driving round in "Sport". Also "performance control" isn't standard for all X3s, it's a cost option S02VG on the 20d SE. S02VG is as described by Nahoa above (power to each wheel being adjusted). It's nothing to do with Sport/Sport+ and the reason I know that is that I have S02VG performance control and have no Sport/Sport+ switch.

VDC X3s have different shocks that change the viscosity of a liquid by using electric charge so the car can automatically make 1000s of quick adjustments to smooth out the road. They also mean you can change the default and make the suspension firmer (Sport). There is no Sport+ setting for the suspension. Sport+ is just Sport with DTC switched off
I don't think BMW have made a good job of making this clear and maybe they've made a mistake judging by what you've said.

According to the brochure it says Drive Performance Control is a standard option and says:

Drive Performance Control including ECO PRO mode, enables you to switch between the Comfort, Sport and Sport+ modes at the touch of a button. Sport+ mode only available in conjunction with the Sport automatic transmission or Variable Damper Control.

Comes with a picture as well, which says "Sport" & "Eco Pro" over the selector switch - like you say no mention of comfort. From my test drive I thought it said "Normal" as you said (but I've been asleep since then).

And now I'm really confused, because in the Price List it says "Drive Performance Control" is standard across the range, but "Performance Control" - Option 2VG is standard on the M Sport but a £125 option on the SE.