ianfp
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
ianfp... you quoted and I repeat

I asked the question because you made the broad statement earlier on which I have repeated below and I wanted to know where it came from. That is a newspaper and not a recognised source for information. The story was regenerated to sell more copies because of lack of news on that day.

I repeat there is no big anti-diesel lobby. Just a vociferous minority who have an affiliation to the newspaper you quoted.

Also you must already know the BMW 4-series range features six engines. Petrol choices comprise the 181bhp 2.0-litre four-cylinder 420i, the 242bhp 2.0-litre four-cylinder 428i and the 302bhp 3.0-litre six-cylinder 435i.

I would suggest that if they wanted to put them in the X3 they would, but the diesel engined X3's in the UK are a market response to companies like Land Rover and also Audi who predominately use Diesels in their SUVs.

Now you say.

Why are you asking such questions and then saying "Back on track"? This is being dismissive. Who says petrol is the way forward? Especially as even more manufacturers are now complying with EU6 for diesel engines.

So my statement to you, is if you do not want a response, please do not ask the question.

Thanks

My link to the Daily telegraph article was for convenience only. There is a lot of information out there concerning The Supreme Court's ruling and the whole subject of NO and NO2 emissions.

I am not saying this to try and be argumentative as I stand to lose as much as you do when legislation is eventually passed.

I sincerely wish you had an argument that made me feel more comfortable about my investment in my diesel car!
Appreciate 0