01-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #415
noka
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 x35i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallo View Post
Yes, TMC stands for traffic message channel and is used throughout Europe as a standard to update Nav systems with up to date traffic information. Pretty much every major radio station is part of TMC. It somehow needs to be activated, currently my Nav system does not receive any traffic information. What probably is connected is the a feature that makes the radio "stick" to a station as long as possible while driving. Most stations broadcast on various frequencies, depending on location. There is somewhere a setting that activates this feature, which is standard in Europe.

I successfully changed the radio frequencies to ECE settings and also activated the speed display in the BC. Works beautifully!

Another small issue is a failure message that pops up every time I turn off the engine. It indicates that there is a failure in the "automatic headlight adjustment system" which I don`t have, since it is a US version. Does anybody know where to turn this message off?
Is the "automatic headlight adjustment system" the option that turns high beams on/off depending on oncoming traffic or the self-leveling function of the Xenons? Do you have a pic of the speed display?