View Single Post
      08-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
Kermit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive Shadow Edition

Similar experience here too. I'm just over 10000 miles and 13 months now and there's a couple things I've noticed. The (standard) hifi speakers seem better these days, almost like the speakers have bedded in a little, particularly the bass which seems deeper.

Similar for the 2.0d engine which feels very strong, more so recently (felt tight new) for a heavy car. Stop/start is the best in the business, as is the auto box. Regularly use in manual mode and it isn't far off being as good as my previous DSG-equipped A3. Not quite, but excellent for a 'standard' auto.

Economy hasn't been brilliant, although my commute is short, at 37mpg.

I often feel quite concious of how bright the xenons are for other road users, particularly with the headlights being higher up than a car. I've been flashed before by someone thinking I had main beam on. They are epic though, particuarly on an unlit country road. Tail lights look the biz too. My favourite bit of the whole car however are the DRL halos.

What do I wish I'd specced? The Pronav system - not so much for the nav particuarly, the standard screen does just fine, but more for the extended digital dash that comes with it and the real-time traffic status.
Appreciate 0