View Single Post
      06-12-2013, 10:14 PM   #24
turbovan82
Rep
Drives: x3

Sorry to resurrect this thread from the dead, but I am a new member and can't create my own thread. Although this thread is my exact situation right now.

I am caught choosing between Leather and M-sport my budget will only allow for one or the other and due to limited supply I am stuck with choosing between the following packages

Msport
Premium
Tech

Leather
Premium
Tech

Just wondering what you guys would go with? Unfortunately for me 2014 is not an option do to budget, and I really want a 35i rather than a 28i. In my opinion the larger engine totally transforms the car.

I have read this forum to death about the pros and cons of leather and leatherette. But I was wondering if some of the Leatherette owners could speak up and say if they regret the move or not or if people who forgo-ed M-sport regret the decision. Main concern with leatherette is the stickyness and if there is a smell to it. I don't mind not having the leather smell as I kind of have a sensitive nose, but some people mention leatherette releasing a odour as well that isnt exactly pleasant.

This is the summary of my situation

- Will return X3 to dealer no intention of keeping it.
- Have a 21 Month year old girl who is quite messy
- Have two dogs but would keep them in the hatch area as they aren't very big
- Live in Edmonton, Alberta so not a hot humid climate, but it does get freezing cold. Although in summer we do have a few days over +30

Temperatures for Edmonton don't know if i trust this chart but anyways lol

Jan -2 / 18°F, (-19 / -8°C)
Feb 3 / 25°F, (-16 / -4°C)
Mar 19 / 34°F, (-7 / 1°C)
Apr 27 / 48°F, (-3 / 9°C)
May 37 / 63°F, (3 / 17°C)
Jun 45 / 70°F, (7 / 21°C)
Jul 48 / 73°F, (9 / 23°C)
Aug 46 / 72°F, (8 / 22°C)
Sep 37 / 63°F, (3 / 17°C)
Oct 30 / 52°F, (-1 / 11°C)
Nov 14 / 32°F, (-10 / 0°C)