Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i Space Gray

Garage List
2011 BMW X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
Just tried this on mine. I have a favourite button setup for "Stop Guidance" and it always kills the instruction and the arrows on the dash immediately. The arrows never remain on. I even switched the nav back on and retried, stop guidance always kills both.

Yes....I do know how to stop my guidance, but to prove a point I just went out to my car and set "stop guidance" as a favorite button. Now, stop and listen to what I am saying people.....

My "stop guidance" works perfectly too BEFORE I get to my destination. To simulate what I'm talking about you will need to drive to your destination without stopping so the Nav knows you reached where you were going. Now, keep on driving past your destination without switching off your car and without "stopping navigation" before you get to where you're going. Your arrow will now point to where you've been and starting adding feet as you drive away even though your main screen is done navigating. At this point you shouldn't be able to "stop nav" because you are already there. In fact, after you reach the destination and your chick tells you you're there, pressing your favorite button that you've set on "stop navigation" will, in fact, restart your navigation because that's the same place your favorite switch was set up. Try it and see.

This thread is driving me nuts. Am I taking crazy pills here or is it just me and the other 2 people in this thread that this happens to???
Appreciate 0