12-25-2011, 02:10 PM   #30
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonagon View Post
The lens was upgraded in the 4S. http://arstechnica.com/apple/news/20...hutterbugs.ars . Dual core helps everything run more smoothly, not just Siri. And now you can have 64GB of storage for music or whatever else. So might be worth the upgrade for some.
Yeah, fair points and this is a little but regardless of how much they improve the quality of the lens, its limiting factor is its size. My DSLR takes photos at the same resolution but a small camera phone lens will always be inferior.

Dual core adds multi-threading which doesn't necessarily make things smoother or faster. It may do in some situations but it all depends on how the software is coded really. I'll reserve judgment until I see some material improvements.

And to play devil's advocate you'll need more space as you're unnecessarily creating images and videos at too high a resolution.

With all of this mind, I'm really in no hurry to upgrade my iPhone 4 to a 4S. We'll see if they bring out anything worthwhile next summer.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0