View Single Post
      04-06-2012, 04:47 PM   #3
DGDuerr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by obtix View Post
So I went to the BMW site today and saw you can build the 2013's now. I noticed under the tech package it now lists "Online Information Services." Is this the online services offered in the UK but not the US to allow weather, news, etc? I asked the dealer about this when I got my 2012 and he said it wasn't available - think since the 2013 has it we can now get it?

From my understand it is based on BMW Assist and not the iDrive so it should work now (maybe)??
I have this feature on my 2012 X3 28i, mine was one of the first 2012's, it does weather, and when I need fuel, it can also search for the closest gas station, and also displays the price. I am just getting used to using the voice commands. I was a little upset when I saw that the "lane departure" stuff was printed on my instrument cluster, but was not an available feature until the 2013 Model year.... best of luck