04-08-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
jaymk5
Bheem (Powerful and Fearful)
United_States
Rep
Drives: "OnOrder" BMW X3 35i SpaceGray

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA78 View Post
If 4.9% is what they're offering for top tier, that's pretty much the best you can get. Is there a good reason to not go through your bank?
It's the DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union) where I got this pre-approval. Few reasons that I can think of:
a) Have to open membership with them and its not straight forward, we have to be part of either a charity they work with or work in the list of companies they have or belong to few social groups or make a small donation to one of the charities (which should not be a problem, but every thing happens through mail) etc...also they do not open membership online, we have to fill in the form sign and send it mail which is old school and takes time.
b) They ask for direct deposit, which means I have to change my current bank setup.
c) They do not have any branches within 100 miles, so I have to wait for the membership to be open my mail services and then wait for them to mail me the check, basically delay in getting the check in hand.

Which means lot of paperwork and waiting for mails, If I go through BMW finance I do not need to do all of the above mentioned and every thing can happen electronically and can be dealt with in few hours on the deliveryday.
Appreciate 0