View Single Post
      01-07-2012, 03:52 AM   #1
alexkalt
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 Xdrive 20d

New X3 arrived and some questions

I have been reading this forum for some months now and I can say that it is a great source of information that really helped me into learning and deciding for my new X3 that arrived some days ago, I have posted photos in this thread: http://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=632585

It was a relief not to have any serious issues when I picked up the car from the dealer, except maybe the following 4 which I present to you and ask for your opinion:

Issue 1: I noticed some rust in this part of the engine (see photo below). I know it is normal to have some rust on i.e. disk brakes but on this part of the engine is ok to have some rust? Should I demand from the dealer a change or it is not something serious ?

Issue 2: I noticed some minor scratches on the all rims and the most “serious” was like the one in the below photo. Do you consider this important so that I ask for the dealer for a fix/replacement ?

Issue 3: Unfortunately as I read in this forum, dealers do not take good care of the cars when washing them. In my case the boy washing the car was obviously using a dirty towel which created some minor scratches (ok, visible only if seen from certain angles) on some spots of the car. Dealer acknowledged this and I think that he is open into fixing it, but I was wondering if repainting some parts of the car for just some minor scratches is too much fuss or could lead to bigger problems such as i.e. color consistency. What do you think ?

Issue 4: Ok this is not so important, but although car is a 2012 model I do not have the black high gloss trim in the instrument panel. Is this standard only for US cars and not for EU ? I also miss the trim in the steering wheel, I thought it was standard but now I start to realize that it goes only with the sport wheel

Other than that, I am very happy with the car, no noise issues identified so far, excellent driving experience. It came with Pirelli P7 and I am changing them for Pirelli Sotozero RFT winter tires in a week,
I thank you for your answers in advance !

Appreciate 0