View Single Post
      12-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #21
n55x3
Captain
Rep
Drives: n55 BMWs

I had Conti DWS in the past and they are AMAZING in the snow. Best all season tire I have ever used in the snow. These were on my Legacy GT. I actually had the DWS tires on when I pulled a Suburban out of a snowy ditch. Was pretty cool. If I was somewhere that had snow on the road frequently I'd go with these in a heart beat.

I think that's a double edge sword though as I ended up ditching the DWS tires since they felt so fluffy and non responsive. I think the softer rubber really killed turn in feel and general handling sharpness. I switched to Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 and they are nothing short of amazing from a road feel, haven't looked back since. It is hard to tell the difference between them and my dedicated summer rubber. The only draw back is you loose quite a bit in snow performance compared to the DWS tires. But that was a trade off I was very eager to make. Having the A/S 3 on all winter allows me to really still have fun with my vehicle, not neuter it's handling, and most importantly I'm not counting down the days till my summer rubber goes back on. This is for my 335i RWD.

My wife runs Bridgestone Potenza RE960AS Pole Position RFT Ultra High Performance All-Season on her 35i X3 as a replacement for the GY LS2 tires and they are pretty respectable. Not as good in the snow as the DWS tires but they are more responsive when handling on dry pavement. Still feel pretty crisp.

Last edited by n55x3; 12-09-2014 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 0