View Single Post
      12-21-2011, 01:51 PM   #9
degarfs
Private
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
We keep this plug kit on the back of the X3.

http://www.amazon.com/Slime-1034-A-T.../dp/B000ET525K

Have been using this and similar products on various tires and sizes for years with no problem. Well actually only have to use it maybe once every 2-3 years but it works great for punctures.

I would avoid putting slime in you tires at all costs. Maybe it is something you want to have as a last ditch effort to fix your tire but that stuff is nasty. I've been at the local tire shop when they were trying to clean it out and it was a pain to say the least. Plus with the TPMS (although they are sealed) I wouldn't want to introduce that stuff to the inside of my tire.

Looks like you have a pretty robust list of stuff to keep in the X3, only other thing I would add is a nice set of work gloves and maybe an old blanket to keep you clean and dry while you are doing your roadside repair. You may also want to ditch the gallon of coolant. These sealed systems are very reliable and if you start to run low on a trip you will get a warning well before any catastrophic failure.
Hi, what is slime and how it is used?

As mentioned before, I had a screw straight thru the RFT and dealer had to change a new one. Hardly driven the car, only did 1484km (x3 20d). I took the punctured tyre back and was wondering if it can be fixed.

Is it worthwhile converting RFT to the norm tyres?
Appreciate 0