View Single Post
      12-06-2011, 03:29 AM   #87
Ural
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
I think they need new seals to be able to fit them in a tighter position. They said if the new seals don't work they can re-fit the old ones. Sounds like they much need to trim them to size once they are in position. My window rattle (originally I thought it was the door lock) is getting worse along with the wind noise, maybe some connection here.

To add to my woe, the TPM has just triggered, one tyre is down 10 lbs. That wheel slipped down a kerb a couple of days ago, hopefully that's the cause, not a puncture. The alloy didn't scrape.
Sorry to hear about your tyre.

I too had a slight rattle from the driver side window when the car was new but disappeared in time. Still, source of your rattle may be the same as the wind noise issue.

I believe, in some of the X3s if not all , there is a problem with parts or assembling or both in the entire front door areas causing abnormal wind-traffic noises, rattles, whistles and God knows potentially what else. I also believe that BMW is well aware of the situation: They launched a TSB real quick on the mirror gaskets to address the wind noise-whistling from side mirrors; they are obviously using redesigned seals on cars produced after a certain date ; and possibly they have reinforced the insulation inside door panels and pillars too (just my opinion - if they haven't they should)

My concern is, you have to be persuasive to your dealer and not just accept their technicians' initial classic "all is normal" approach to make them do the research and start applying all or any of these solution alternatives.
Appreciate 0