02-27-2017, 02:51 AM   #4
Mightymaus
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Graphite/Black leather X4 M40i

Garage List
2012 X6 M  [0.00]
Its very easy to update your vehicle yourselves; if you like. I don't have the website in front of me at the moment. But if you simply follow the steps through your display you'll find how easy it is to update. Once you find the update system option you'll be given the website (BMW) to download the update from. Use your personal computer to download the update onto your USB (any usb stick will work) stick.
Simply put the update on a USB stick from the website and update it through the onboard display. You'll have to navigate through your display to find the update icon, but only takes a few minutes to do. The system will ask you not to interrupt the connection while updating. You don't have to have the car running while you update, but you do have to have the electronics on. Simply press the start button without depressing the brake pedal(so it doesn't start) and don't interrupt the system by shutting it off until its done. It takes about 3 mins or less(never timed it). If you should interrupt it by accident, don't panic it will revert back to the current system version.
How often should you update? i don't have a clear answer for that but I would check every 3 to 6 months via that website and the version you currently are using on your BMW.
Appreciate 0