View Single Post
      03-13-2010, 07:59 PM   #35
M4Mafia
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: LCI X5 Sports

I currently drive the x3 2007 w/ sports pack. Went to check out the Q5 as a replacement and this is what I found: the Q5 to me at least looks good/ better than the x3 only if it has the s-line, if not the stock wheels are plain hideous. The sunroof of the Q5 doesn't have a ridgid inner panel that blocks the sun 100% like on the x3, it's got this soft mesh thing that's semi transparent. This has me worried about those hot and bright sunny days in the summer. The steering wheel, somehow on the Q5 it sits A LOT lower in relation to the dash vs the x3. Despite being bigger in numbers, it feels the same if not smaller than the x3 on the inside. And It drives and handles rather similar to the x3.....

But the $$$ was getting real close to the x5, so after one afternoon of weighing in, it's a no brainer to choose the 2011 x5 for only $100 more a month. Bigger & more lux. The Q5 only makes sense if you went with the base model. Add a few options and you are in x5 territory, it's gonna be a hard sell for Audi unfortunately.
Appreciate 0