View Single Post
      12-02-2014, 05:15 AM   #22
marmite
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_o View Post
BMW do a kit to convert the old style valves to the new ones. They need to replace the whole unit and it costs about £300 in the UK to do all four wheels however my dealer reckons the price will come down as people are complaining that as they renew their cars the wheels are no longer compatible

Andy_o, or anyone else.. can you tell me which dealer told you about the kit?

I think I'm in the same boat, I have a new LCI X3 M Sport (64 plate) having previously owned the a pre-LCI X3 M Sport (11 plate).

I had a set of winter wheels (18" rims) that the dealer had in storage.
I bought both cars from the same dealer and they assured me, that the stored wheels would be fully compatible with my new car..

It was only when I took the car last week to the dealership to fit the winter wheels, they told me of the problem.

They suggested buying an entirely new set for another 2K +..

I was pretty annoyed, there was talk of it being a valve issue because of the new RDS pressure sensors and it sounded like they could initially swap the valves, or I assumed at most the tyres, but they have said for RDS to work, I will need a brand new set of wheels..

They have never mentioned a 'kit' that could convert my old wheels.

Do you think it is just because they don't know about it? (I will speak to them today about it)
Or could there be some reason in my setup why a kit conversion wouldn't work? Or is there some disadvantage going down the kit route?

Thanks in advance.
BMW xdrive30d M Sport Space Grey, Black Nevada, Aluminium Trim, 19" 369M alloys, Prof. Media package, Visibility package, Access package, VDC, Sun Protection Glass, Front Seat Heating, Split-folding rear seats, Sun Blinds, Lumbar support, Extended Storage, Business Stereo, DAB, Tel. USB audio interface, 6NR, 614 Internet.
Appreciate 0