View Single Post
      08-30-2011, 10:11 PM   #8
Brutus1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 x3 -Alpine white

Since the last we heard, the hitch is supposed to come out in
September,I decided to call BMWNA. He took my name and address for security purposes (? -I didn't ask for the hitch blueprints) and inquired whether I had called my local dealer. to that I replied ,"No because they didn't know either." He originally thought I was calling about the towing capacity which I felt was a bit ignorant as there is no means of towing to begin with. Eliminate the middleman and save a call I think. He was gone for a bit,came back to the phone, and said he had no idea! I had to know so asked if they were truly working on one as many were awaiting them-"Oh yes".

After that I mentioned that some on the BMW forums had other makes installed on their X3s and asked his idea about the matter so naturally the answer was that you should never use any after market hitches-only BMW. He wasn't super nice like many are. I mentioned I would call back in a week or so for updates. Really disappointed in the number of months lost for kayaking,etc, without a hitch- one of the primary reasons to buy a BMW or so I thought.
Appreciate 0