View Single Post
      05-28-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
skimbojones
Rep
Drives: X3 2007

Buying used 2007 X3, thoughts and opinions please!

Hi im thinking of buying a used X3 from a private seller here in australia
2007 X3 30D done 114,000km
would be my first bimmer

Seller is keen to sell, started at $28,500k and with a bit of pushing (as we were consideirng a 2010 X1 instead) is now down to $24k
They bought it for $30k last september and selling because they want a bigger 4WD

Ive read that the 2008 X3 is a better car than the 2007? seems things more likely to go wrong with the 2007 than a 2008 or even a 2006?
any thoughts on this, appreciate feedback from any 2007 X3 owners...

Also wanting to get opinions of people who own this model or similar about what to expect as far as servicing costs in the next few years...

Has full service records
presale service July 07
first service at 34,500kms - Dec 08
second service 69,000km - August 10
last service 103,000 - Dec 12

When do you think the next service will be due and at what cost on average?

Also ive never bought a car privately before so a bit concerned about the lack of recourse if there are some issues, i know there is a RACQ presale inspection service for around $300 was wondering what people thought of that or is it better to get a reputable BMW dealer service dept to look it over instead...

what are some of things i need to make are checked with this year/model, that perhaps are known at this age

another thing is the car is interstate so i need to get these things done without actually being present,makes it more risky/complicated but feel its a good buy at the reduced price

has everything i want, colour is black, dark leather interior, panoramic sunroof, bluetooth, m sport package etc, just the kms are higher than id want, was trying to go for one under 100,000km but they are up to another $10k more...

Also have done some research on extended warranties, lots of discussion about this of course on this and other forums, and ive gleaned that Allianz is the best (Australian) one to go for with top cover (of course reading the PDS thoroughly!) seems only need one major thing to go wrong in the next 3 years for it to pay for itself...

anyway looking forward to being a bit active on this forum, as it seems one helluva resource for proud bimmer owners! So thought id introduce myself and perhaps learn from the experiences of others on here!

Thanks for any input you may have!

Last edited by skimbojones; 05-28-2013 at 01:43 AM..
Appreciate 0