04-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #22
osxcode
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: The M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnZero View Post
I too would be interested in a comparison between the X5M and the X3 when you've had enough seat-time with the X3.
I had an X3 3.5i for a year, sold it to my mother, and ordered this new white X3 with the M-Sport fashion. The X3 is my favorite car out of all of my cars. The X5M is a fantastic ride, but really, really not my favorite. The X5M has a mega-ton of power and requires that you tow a gas station. That said, the X5M is like front row seats to the opera or something. You really pay for the premium. I really like the X3 and think its overall a much better car and value for the money. X3 is much more nimble and fun to bounce around town in. I feel like such an asshole driving the X5M, it's just menacing but it's fantastic on a road trip. That said, I can't wait to replace the X5M with a 750li or 750i

I really don't want another M, ever. I don't think I get the most use out of it, it's too much engine for me (the normal 550 is just fine) and it's grossly expensive to insure and maintain. On the X5M, if you keep it, you would want the tire warranty for sure. They're expensive.

Both X5M and X3 3.5 are fantastic, but ask anyone who knows me, the X3 is probably my most favorite car of my cars -- with the 550i M-Sport sedan having a very very close second, that's just a fantastically built car also.

2016 BMW X5 ///M
2016 BMW M4 ///M Convertible

aLatteHotte - www.aLatteHotte.com - The Future of Coffee
Appreciate 0