Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 2.0d xline

I'll translate the most important parts:

First paragraph not important

Second is the parts list

Third is about reprogramming the OSS to the newest version

Fourth part is about repalacing some mechanical components that were necessary for integration (lots of work)

Fifth explains they took apart the front bumper and the original Xenon lights

Sixth is about installing the LED lights. The system had to be changed to accomodate the new lights so they communicate, so whatever unit that is responsible for this was replaced.

Seventh (under the first set of pics) explains the mounting and testing of lights and fog lights as well as installing the LCI 2014 camera system, which required special cables to attack and have the cameras communicate with one another

Eighth (after the screen pics) explains that when the camera system is ready in front and in the mirrors, they took apart the original CIC system and installed the relevant NBT systems

Ninth: Furthering of the cabin with a plate-mounted AC unit for LCI 2014 and coding the plate to the instrument pannel

Tenth says that all of the parts they used were checked with the existing VIN and installed within the recommended parameters so there are no conflicts, and explains the use of the X4 bumper to accommodate the changes

Last paragraph just says where they got the parts from.

This site is written in very poor, almost illegible German. I suspect there is some sort of mischief underway which could be attempting to sell non-LCI x3s as LCI x3s or something along that line.

Just from the German alone I can tell you something is fishy here...

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0