View Single Post
      10-15-2012, 08:25 AM   #1
Cropwell
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d msport xdrive

Heating and Ventilation problems

X3 is about three months old and with colder weather I started to notice that there was no heat coming through into the footwell. Air con works fine.

Had car in at dealers two weeks ago to sort this out, they told me that it was now sorted.

Problem is that it is not ! car is booked in tomorrow for them to re-visit the problem.

Can get heat to footwell but only by turning up heat really high(23/24 C) with ambient temperature of approx 11c and using manual control buttons to concentrate heat on footwell. Very little heat with auto setting.

Other problem seems to be that when driving at say 70mph I cannot get cool air to the vents in the centre console when using the rotary red/blue control above the radio, this is even with vents fully open. Only way to get cool air is to turn down temperature dial and then cabin temp. drops !

On all the other BMW's I have been able to get a mixture of warm air in cabin/footwell and cool air to the face from the central air vents ?

Has anybody experienced any similar problems? I am womdering if there is a fault on the installation from the factory?
With all other BMW's ventilation & air con has functioned faultlessly.
Appreciate 0