Thread: X3's gone!
View Single Post
      02-23-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
gareth3685
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2.0D

X3's gone!

Today I sold my X3 2.0D after 10 months of ownership.

Impressions over that time are mixed, I liked the ride comfort (aided by the 17" non rfts) but I found the handling too 'soft'. I also started to get really frustated with the 2.0D engine on the motorway - it just simply doesn't have enough grunt in my eyes.

Rattles and creaks also were a cause of concern and 3 visits to the dealer still didnt cure all of them. I was really disapointed in the overall interior quality, just not acceptable on what was almost a £40k car.

In defense of the X3 an SUV was probably wasn't the right choice for me in hindsight, although it was useful to have in the recent snowy weather its pretty much as bad as all the other 2WD cars on summer tyres when it came to steering and braking and I couldn't justify a dedicated set of winters.

I think had I gone for a 3.0D M-Sport it would have been a different story but I just couldn't stretch that far.

So just around 6 weeks till my next BMW arrives.... a M135i 5dr. Completely different machine but looking forward to the power!
Appreciate 0