View Single Post
      05-09-2011, 06:17 PM   #131
ManMachine
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E60 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako View Post
okay so the window sticker on page one of this thread shows damping control as part of the M Package on a 28i, but another window sticker of a 35i makes no mention of it but says delete sport suspension.

now why would they DELETE a sport suspension from a M SPORT unless they replaced it with something better (like damping control).

Just another reason I will wait until 2012 models and hope this is all figured out (well hoping for a 35D being the biggest reason)
Because sport suspension IS an option in BMW X3 in other countries. If you go to BMW UK, when you select M Sport, you get the sport suspension. You can delete the sport suspension in UK for free. However, the variable (dynamic) damper control costs an extra 930 British pounds on top of a M Sport model.

For the U.S. market, M Sport package comes with the standard suspension, and for the factory production line "sport suspension delete" shows it's the standard suspension. i.e., the U.S. M Sport is mostly cosmetic.

Further corroborating this is that for Canada, the M Sport does not include dynamic damper control. You have to pay extra for it.

Don't kid yourself. Will BMW sell you a M Sport X3 and throw in the dynamic damper control for free? Is BMW running a charity?

Of course, one may be satisfied with the standard suspension, but that's not the point here.