View Single Post
      09-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #50
bsxdrive35i
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive35i

I've got a 2013 (delivered on May 25, 2012) and I've had one big issue so far. There has been a constant rattling sound (like a rattling spray paint can) for about a year now. It has been in the shop 3-4 times for the same problem. The dealership has replaced several parts in the past year to try to resolve the problem, such as the muffler, but now has to resort to replacing the whole engine. They determined that the problem parts were the pistons and crankshaft, which is pretty ridiculous, as I only have ~15,000km on the vehicle and have babied it since day one. I'm not as annoyed with the problem (everything is covered under warranty) as I am with the amount of time the vehicle has spent at the dealership since I purchased it (roughly 2.5 months).

That being said, I understand that this is a very rare case, and don't see this problem as being even remotely common. The X3 has its quirks (i.e., cheap looking interior), but it's still a great vehicle, overall, and I would definitely recommend it over the competition.