View Single Post
      12-04-2012, 03:54 PM   #10
colson79
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3 35i DSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrrm1127 View Post
We have a solution everyone. Issue was down to the sidewall size on my tires. BMW Dealer put the OEM Style 309s back on and all error messages disappeared. Called up Tire Rack and was told I could keep the staggered Breyton's, but would have to run 245s all around (I don't want heavy duty snow tires like the Bridgestone Blizzak WS70 since the dry and wet, rain not snow, grip is diabolically dangerous). Had to go with a set of Pirelli Winter 240 Sottozero Serie II in 245/50/18 all the way around and I've been assured that will solve the issue (Tire Rack has been dead on every single time I've ordered from them and had product questions). To deal with the TPMS issue, I'm ordering a new set of TPMS sensors just to be on the safe side.
Why do people post such non-sense? Blizzak WS70 are "diabolically dangerous" on wet and dry pavement? What a load of crap. While they may not be the best tires for your situation, they are far from dangerous. Where are you getting this from anyway? I have read a lot of reviews of the WS70's and I haven't seen this before. Tire Rack, who you seem to trust seems pretty happy with the WS70's. http://blog.tirerack.com/blog/hunter...?affiliate=TX3