Thread: Tire size
View Single Post
      05-18-2018, 04:12 PM   #12
Shepherd81
Rep
Drives: X3 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
I'm seeing E65 center bore listed as 72.6mm, same as our X3's, so that is one question out of the way (assuming my research here is correct). This is the size of the hole in the middle of the wheel.

For offset, you will have to ask the seller what kind of wheels they are to find out. I don't recognize them and if I google E65 wheels it doesn't look like a factory option.

Also note that it looks like their rear tire is 285 wide, meaning your offset really needs to be correct to be sure that tire still fits.

My offsets are 38mm F, 48mm rear, stock. If I am correct, it appears factory offset for the E65 7-Series is 24mm front and back. That is a big change (distance in mm). The lower offset would push the wheels further away from the car. My guess is that they will rub and you will not be happy.

Sorry.
OK that is really interesting. I assumed that the further away the tires are from the car the saver it would be not to rub on something

So I was looking for rims with a low offset like > 20mm. I noticed that a lot of original X3 rims have a even higher offset of 42mm though.
So regarding this site: http://www.reifenrechner.at/
the wheels I want to put on are going to stand out on the inner side a bit more......
I am still confused what offset is better for bigger rims cause I want to go from 17 inch to 19 inch that's for sure.
I guess I will continue looking for other rims I am 100% sure they fit on an X3 before I buy something I will regret.
Appreciate 0