Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 135i , '15 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd81 View Post
Hi tracer bullet,
Thanks for trying to explain it to me. It's not as easy as it might be
So far my X3 has 225/60 R17, 7.5Jx17 ET32 dimensions on all 4 tires (because of All-whee-drive)
I have put eyes on these rims though: https://www.shpock.com/i/WuQ24rF4Zk-Le2Jr/
They were on an e65 (BMW 7) ! I cant tell if they will fit or cause any problems like you mentioned.
I'm seeing E65 center bore listed as 72.6mm, same as our X3's, so that is one question out of the way (assuming my research here is correct). This is the size of the hole in the middle of the wheel.

For offset, you will have to ask the seller what kind of wheels they are to find out. I don't recognize them and if I google E65 wheels it doesn't look like a factory option.

Also note that it looks like their rear tire is 285 wide, meaning your offset really needs to be correct to be sure that tire still fits.

My offsets are 38mm F, 48mm rear, stock. If I am correct, it appears factory offset for the E65 7-Series is 24mm front and back. That is a big change (distance in mm). The lower offset would push the wheels further away from the car. My guess is that they will rub and you will not be happy.

Sorry.
Appreciate 0