View Single Post
      04-28-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
Upgrade15
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 White X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
My current E90 has Lemon leather. Lemon is slightly yellow hued where Oyster is slightly gray/blue hued... essentially the same in terms of maintenance. I have had the Lemon for 4 years and it looks just about like it did the day I drove it off the lot.

Now, having said that - some important disclaimers:

1. I'm neat. My entire interior looks like nobody ever drives the car.
2. I wear clean clothes. I don't do yard work and then hop in the car to run an errand.
3. Dyed leather such as belts or jackets *may* transfer some dye. Be careful about that, especially with cheaper leathers.
4. Wet jeans will ruin it. Flat out ruined. The blue dye will transfer and you'll be lucky if a professional can get it out. I have a towel in the trunk since day one just in case I ever find myself wearing wet jeans.

Otherwise, the same rules apply as for any leather - regular maintenance and common sense.
This is what worries me...our life just has a lot of dirt involved. We have horses and it's nothing for my husband to be out doing work and then jump in the car. Now...that said, this is MY car and not my husband's truck, but it is something to consider. Now I'm trying to figure out why I would have wet jeans on in the car! Rain I guess? lol
Appreciate 0