07-09-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
RhoXS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 Z3 3.0i + 2016 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnZero View Post
Other than blinding everyone you pass?
I think these lights, low on the front bumper, are more accurately called driving lights. They are aimed low on the road and do not even come close to "blinding" or even distracting on coming drivers.

Driving Lights, if they put out a useful amount of light, do an excellent job of lighting up the road and shoulder surface directly in front of the car. I guess it can be argued that there is no need to see the area immediately in front of the car because anything seen is much too close to do anything about. Nevertheless, my preference is to see as much as possible.

In my opinion the more properly aimed and distributed light in front of the car the better, and there is usually never enough. To that end I leave my driving lights on both my Z3 and Lexus set to be on any time the headlights are on. As soon as I get my hands on my X3 this week I plan to check out these lights. If they will do something consequentially more useful than the factory lights, are reliable, and not entail risk of damaging my car, I intend to buy and install them.
Appreciate 0