12-10-2012, 04:39 PM   #2324
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcipriano View Post
Sorry no offence, but I won't be so sure.

If you read all these post about the new iDrive, sometime i think that the "new" iDrive is the "old" iDrive..so they are talking about the 609 (which is capable for 3D mapping, real traffic information, faster than the previous one and so on)

In fact, the main new features that the "new" will have that are not in the current 609 is touch capability and LTE support and again I have not read in any single post where these features are showed..

By the way, I asked my dealer for further clarification and he wrote me the following:

The navigation system has had a Major update this year, BMW have not mentioned anything about software or hardware updates at this point. From my experience I do think they would update this year with a major overhaul next year.

If I do here anything I will keep you posted, but as I said we have not heard anything from BMW regarding the updates

Important point is that in "this year" we are in December so I guess he got confused and he is expecting a update in 2013 and a major overhaul in 2014??

Cheers!
None taken I guess Yeltzer can clarify what he meant by "new" on the 3er he was referring to. I mean "new" as in the link above and specifically hardware changes like

Intel processor 1.3Ghz vs Renesas 600Mhz
1GB RAM (vs 512Mb)
8GB flash (vs 512Mb)
Nvidia graphics (vs Fujitsu)
200GB hard drive (vs 80Gb)

It looks different to the existing iDrive that you still get in a new X3 - which isn't really new anymore at over 2 years old - see attached for more details

Not sure on touch screen as that was mentioned originally and then not again as you said.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf New BMW 609 Professional Nav Overview July 2012.pdf (1.08 MB, 166 views)

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0