View Single Post
      02-07-2014, 05:50 AM   #82
Bhimboy
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2014

Drivetrain Malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikolaig View Post
Thanks for the offering, I really appreciate it. I doubt BMW Canada is obliged to offer the same "retention bonus" to everyone...in fact, it looks like they are not obliged to do anything, even respect their customers. I do not know, maybe the threshold starts at $80K or more than one BMW, otherwise you do not get the same treatment I doubt BMW guys read this forums, but if they do - I hope they hear me. Yes, this case has a safety issue. And, yes, my dealer has released the car with a potential safety issue on the road. They knew the car needs a different part to resolve the issue completely, yet they have installed the same type of PDM just to get me out of the door. And maybe some other people too.

I am sure there was some pressure from BMW to get the cars out. Otherwise, how come I was told on Thursday that they do not expect my replacement part any time soon as there is no even tracking number for it (supposed to be shipped from Germany) and then they call me on Monday telling that the car is fixed and the part is installed. I bet it was removed from another car

My dealer seems to be willing to discuss the options, just got an email from them. Not sure what sort of discussion we will have, I doubt it will be useful. But they are few km from my place and if the car dies there - no towing will be needed Safe trip, in a way.

But, anyway, thanks a lot for sharing your experience. At least it sets the bar at certain level. Personally, in addition to the extended warranty I would ask for new AGM battery. Hell knows how that electrical issue might have affected the life span of the car's battery but for sure if I come with the dead battery 6 months from now they will proudly pull out the data from the car, look at my trip distances and say "your fault, poor driver profile".
I first booked a legal consult and then had a 20 minute chat with Consumer Protection Bereau. If the car is out of service for an extended period of time or a specific issue is not resolved within a certain specified number of attempts, the consumer has the right to Reject the Car for Breach of Trust (not sure if this is the correct word he used). If the Dealer refuses to buy back, CPB can be approached. If the Dealer still remains entrenched in his stand, we have the right to approach Queens Bench. Hearing this I just cancelled the Legal Consult Appointment. Thought I should this with all out there with similar issue.
Appreciate 0