View Single Post
      09-02-2012, 09:10 PM   #22
Bruce24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 2.8i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest X6 View Post
Post up a thread after you've had some extended time with it. I'll be curious to get your take. Other thing I noticed right away is how much I absolutely dislike the start/stop...Going to have to do away with that quickly with the TSB.

I notice you're in Boston - you going to keep the All Seasons on year round or go winter shoes in the winter?
I had a bit of time with the car today, With the start/stop, while I don't think i want it for everyday driving, I think I'll use it when sitting in traffic alog with the Auto Hold feature. From what I understand the firmware update simply remembers if you had it on or off, which is something you can also code. I’ll either get the dealer to do the update or maybe code it with some other stuff.

I’m trying to figure out what function, numbers, addresses or stations are worthy of being a programmable buttons, if they were still making Seinfeld, I’m sure they could have had an episode on this.

One think I find kind of weird is the manuals that came with the car are U.S. manuals, yet include features that aren’t available in the U.S. Such as rear fog lights and parked-car ventilation. The manual also mentioned a first aid kit, warning triangle and tool kit. All I have is a tool kit, which consists of just a phillips screwdriver and a tow hook.

For this winter I plan to see how things go with the all seasons.

-Bruce
Appreciate 0