07-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #20
Mingstar88
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02420X3 View Post
Mingstar, I believe that you are the problem, not your dealer. BMW has a standard for rotor replacement, somewhere around 18mm. You said in post #3 that the dealer said that your rotors were just above the threshold.

So, your dealer told you that your rotors were close to replacement, but still within spec, and recommended replacement anyway. I look at that as informing you of both the spec and the status of your rotors, and giving you the opportunity to make an informed choice.

You didn't like the price, and shopped around and found someone that gave you a lower price, but didn't care about spec. Congratulations, you saved money, but lost on safety.
wow, slow down there, im offended by your comment by saying im the problem. my dealership has been giving me a lot of garbage and false info. one of my fog light was cracked and BMW Canada approved warranty, the service guy calls me up asking me for $300 then I said what did BMW Canada say? he then said he didnt ask and it will take 2-3 business days. guess what? in 2 hrs he calls me and left voicemail and tells me that it was replaced for free. see what kind of people im dealing with here? also we measured the rotors, way above the spec. no squeaking / nothing after replacement either......now get off my thread
Appreciate 0