06-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #13
BenDiem
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M240i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactive View Post
If you really are concerned with the quality of the paint. Wouldn't you have washed it and waxed it before 13 months of ownership? How does one tell the depth of paint(thinner) just by looking at it? Unless of course there are areas of bad spray coverage.
Knowing I was not going to keep this car long term I've taken it to a quality brushless car wash facility for the past year. I bought the car for a 48 month term loan, but l'll have it paid off in 36 months. I'll probably trade it in on a Cayenne S. Porsche quality trumps the X3's paint/metal quality. No car/SAV is perfect, however. The negative with the Cayenne is its poor resale value. The X3's resale value is better than the Cayenne.

Pls don't bring up leasing. I refuse to pay for something I'm just renting.
Let the pro-leasers respond, lol...

I've always paid extra for the wheel cleaner and wax option when utilizing the car wash. Of note/interest, my wheels look great! I'm pleased with the metal on my rims. I used wheel wax on the car when i brought it home. They still look new! Interesting, eh? Perhaps I can't have it all, lol...

Trust me, the paint and the metal is of a poorer quality than BMWs of yore. I've owned many. It's reality. This does not take away from the enjoyment I get when I smash the loud pedal. I still love my BMWs. I just can't get over the poorer quality paint and metal on my X3 when I compare it to all of my previous Bimmers...

Cheers/B