United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 20d Xline Melbourne Red

Garage List
  [0.00]
2015 BMW X3   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabb1er View Post
Stuartdj - what dealer did you order through?

I placed an order for a 30d M-Sport with a very northerly dealer back in mid April and now that I question build date he is saying that no build weeks have been allocated to my order yet (original estimated delivery date on order was 12/9 but donīt expect that to materialise).

I have since asked how many orders are ahead of me and how many slots the dealership get a month just so I can estimate the wait (waiting for an answer).

If only we could get accurate estimates when ordering then no false expectations would be made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabb1er View Post
Stuartdj - what dealer did you order through?

I placed an order for a 30d M-Sport with a very northerly dealer back in mid April and now that I question build date he is saying that no build weeks have been allocated to my order yet (original estimated delivery date on order was 12/9 but donīt expect that to materialise).

I have since asked how many orders are ahead of me and how many slots the dealership get a month just so I can estimate the wait (waiting for an answer).

If only we could get accurate estimates when ordering then no false expectations would be made!
IF your dealer has a confirmed slot then he should be able at the point of order give you an estimated build week and delivery week from the BMW online order system

Before I even ordered mine I was told how long it would take and once the order was placed it was very accurate, and although it subsequently slipped the dealer was pretty spot on throughout.. Frustrating for me though !

IF your dealer is hedging his bets and doesn't have a confirmed slot then I'd imagine his answers would be vague

If you have a BMW factory order number then the car is in the system and any bmw dealer can bring it up on the screen and see where it is upto and expected delivery/build dates.

If you are close enough go in stand next to him and get him to bring it up on the screen

If he won't then that will tell you that they haven't placed the order yet with the factory and are holding your deposit pending them finding you a slot

As I understand it .. 30d's are four/five months and 20d's still hard to get at eight/nine months

Gone :X1 23d Msport manual, Space/Beige Pro Nav, Adaptive zenons, privacy glass, 18's, ext storage,

Current: X3 20d Xline auto, Melbourne/Beige, Sport seats, Viz pack, heated steering wheel, Folding mirrors, privacy glass, luggage net, pro nav

Current: E85 Z4 3.0si roadster titanium/Syrah individual

Current: F31 320d touring black/black work hack
Appreciate 0