View Single Post
      02-07-2019, 10:03 AM   #42
x3sm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Back in the day a lot of folks would modify their E36M3 using H&R springs and Bilstein shocks and everyone single one of them complained how harsh the ride became. Since then I still see people using H&R springs and complain about ride quality. Now I know a lot of people love those brands but I prefer Eibach they seem to do the job w/less compromise.

I snapped that bolt on my previous E70 X5, while replacing my rear strut mounts. In my case the part the screw went into had a weep hole that let water in to the threads near the tip of the screw and rusted gunked up the insides. I had no problem getting the screw out but put it back in temporarily to jack up the shock and then went to take it out to replace with a new one. Should have left it alone. The crude locked up the screw's fine threads and of course I was dead set on getting it out. Well, a tow to an independant and $400+ later the screw was drilled out and replaced it w/the new one.

All this to say... see if there is a weep hole and to see if you can flush the crap out.

Yeah, on the F25/F26 and probably others you have to drop the entire rear subframe but until seeing HDBoss' pictures, I didn't realize just how painful it is!
I think I hate BMW F-chassis cars lol
AUDI S4: SOLD
BMW E92 335: SOLD
Appreciate 0