Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolesnce View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
The X3 does not have a "Rest" function or dedicated button for that function. However, the X3 does have a"Parked-car ventilation function" that is timer controlled. It can be set via iDrive for the current time and will run the blower, with vents, open for 30 minutes to exhaust warm air from the car. Does the opposite of what you're looking for.

Only the start time is programmable, it then runs for a full 30-minute cycle. A second, 30-min. cycle can also be programmed within a 24-hour period. Caution: Excessive use of this function will run your battery down!

Glad to know that the X5 survived to 3005. That's quite a production run!
Thanks for the info Lotus, Yeah I have used the Parked car ventilation to keep the X3 cooler on hot days, but now that it is getting cold and ill be going to snow conditions soon i was wondering how to get warm air blowing into the engine while im parked like my x5 did. Any ideas?? O h yeah typo on the 3005, if only BMWs lasted that long without costing $$$$ to maintain..lol
Even with the compressor off, the blue/red knob will filter out cold or hot air depending on where the marker rests. Try pushing it all the way to the red square when turning parked car ventilation on.
Appreciate 0