11-12-2012, 03:32 AM   #85
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyh747 View Post
I've just ordered my F25 with professional media option and 6NF & 6NR. However even after reading through this entire thread I'm still confused on the differences between using a media adapter or the USB socket!

From what I can gather the adapter allows connection to the external aerial for better reception. Is that the only advantage to the adapter over the cable? I prefer to have my iPhone in a case but it sounds like the phone won't then fit in the adapter. I also agree with others that the constantly changing models means having to renew the adapter each time you change model.

Can anyone who has used the cable connection in the UK explain any reduction in functionality between the adapter and cable?

Thanks
You also need the media cradle for some (but not all) 6NR functionality, e.g. the iPod plug-in and video playback both need the cradle.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0