View Single Post
      12-31-2012, 11:00 AM   #2339
am36
Squadron Leader
England
Rep
Drives: X3 2.0d M Sport - DSB Manual

Delivery route through the UK?

Dropped into the Dealer's last friday (28th December) as we were passing and was told that car was in the UK at Thorne. Had a chat (not with my contact who was on leave) about likely delivery due to the New Year holidays and PDI etc. and came up with the likely scenario that next weekend (extended to 4 - 7 Jan) was probable for a pick up date.

Phoned Dealer (and spoke to my usual guy) again today so that he could hassle Thorne for a date and was told that the car is at Oxford??

Dealer told me not to get excited about this weekend .

Initially, Dealer thought the car would be brought in to the UK via Immingham and therefore Thorne would just be a short transfer.

Are the loads being dropped off at Southampton and working their way up country in stages? I know BMW has the MINI plant at Oxford but first I've heard that its involved in the distribution? Can anyone shed any light please?
- F25 2.0d M Sport manual, DSB, black leather with fineline wave wood, Pan Sunroof, 368 M alloys, exterior trim and rails in matt aluminium, reversing camera, sun protection glass, windscreen with grey shade band, heated front seats, extended storage, powered tailgate, Xenon's, bluetooth c/w USB, DAB.
Appreciate 0