View Single Post
      11-21-2011, 03:08 AM   #3
brissim
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3 30d (2011 F25) - now sold

For my full size spare, I ended up getting a matching BMW wheel - it was the simplest solution.

Be aware you could run into problems in finding a matching conventional (ie non runflat) tyre. Because of the limited range of tyre sizes available in Australia, as far as I'm aware the only commonly available tyre size is the 225/60/17 tyre of the 304 & 305 style wheel. The 245mm tread width is very uncommon in Australia. If you want a matching tyre for your spare you may have to settle for a matching runflat spare - if you can locate one. 8 months after the F25 X3 was released in Australia, neither the Dunlop or Goodyear Australia websites are showing the availability of the F25's OEM tyres. You may need to go through your BMW dealer.

Because of these issues, I ended up ditching the runflats all together and have 5 conventional tyres of a different tyre size (235/60/17 rather than the OEM 245/55/17) which is a more commonly available tyre size here in Oz.

And if you do end up with a spare, don't forget you also will need a jack and suitable lug wrench. And read the very informative threads on this forum about changing wheels and consider getting (if you don't already have) a suitable jack mounting tool and tyre hangers.

Tony

Last edited by brissim; 11-21-2011 at 03:09 AM.. Reason: spelling
Appreciate 0