View Single Post
      11-04-2011, 07:27 AM   #57
Ural
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
The wind noise and sound of other traffic is not fixed. I reckon it needs new door seals. Also I have a light rattle from the driver's door lock area and saggy leather on the passenger seat (see other thread).
Mine will be in next week . They had ordered some parts according to the TSB . I am not sure if it will just be the triangle or seals and additional areas too. On the other hand, I strongly suspect the B pillar as well nowadays. When I put my ear a bit close to the B pillar while driving , I can easily hear the wind sound. Haven't tried it in another car yet tough. Of course it may be the sound again coming from door or window, I don't know.

I had a Cadillac SRX rental last week during a trip in the States and paid attention to the wind noise all the time to compare as it is also an SUV with not small side mirrors either ( although in a way cleverer trianglish mirror design ). Fastest I could make was 80 mph on the Turnpike , and up to that speed SRX had definitely lower wind noise level in the cabin than my X3 and also more silent for traffic noise at cruising speeds.
Appreciate 0