View Single Post
      06-01-2011, 06:00 AM   #5
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick27 View Post
I didn't order Sat Radio originally because it was only available with the Executive Package at $2,300. Is it possible to add afterwords on its own?
Yes it definitely is as was noted...all cars are "pre-wired" for Sat Radio and the dealership just has to tack it on. I was told that it's like $500 (in the US) which somewhat makes sense b/c if you order from the factory it's like 375 which includes the first year of service.

Hey just a suggestion though...and this is just my opinion...check out using pandora instead of Sat radio...that is if you have a smart phone and can get the pandora mobile app. I literally pay $36 a year for service and create my own radio stations...without any commercials or DJs and the variety of songs is better than Sirius/XM. If you have BMW apps Pandora integrates directly into iDrive so you can select stations just like Sat Radio and I honestly think the quality of the sound is better as it's over 3G and not subject to satellite. Again totally my opinion but I made the switch to Pandora last January and I have never once turned on Sat radio in my other vehicles due to the fact that I have way more stations to choose from since I'm creating the actual stations. Check it out.
Appreciate 0