View Single Post
      02-01-2011, 11:07 AM   #6
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

300 HP isn't too much, especially since its a turbo, if she isn't pushing the pedal all the way down its not going to launch, so she will be fine. My wife drives my C63 once in a while, I just tell her to make sure its in "comfort" mode which makes the throttle a lot less sensitive, it almost feels like you take 150 HP away in that mode which is a good thing (also good for winter driving). Not sure if BMW acts the same way when you go from comfort to sport settings.

As far as snow tires go, I told my wife when we buy an X3 later this year that we are going to get performance tires with the M sport package and then have 17" snow tires for the winter, its just so much safer than all season and totally worth $1200 for a winter wheel/tire package. Plus remember when you don't have your summer tires on they aren't losing tread, meaning they will last you longer, basically look at winter tires as only having to buy the wheels, and you can get nice looking wheels for $150 each, who cares if they aren't BMW official. and buy them somewhere that will change them out for free every time (Discount Tire by me), takes 30 minutes twice a year, big deal. Winter tires are also the best for traction when its under 40 degrees, even without snow/ice. In some countries its illegal to drive without either snow chains or winter tires during certain times of the year, should be the same in the midwest/northeast, would make driving for everyone so much safer (and cause less traffic since people wouldn't be sliding everywhere)
Appreciate 0