View Single Post
      12-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #7
Ben Lee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 528i and BMW X3

Hi guys, Thanks for all your replies!

I decided to leave the START/STOP function on for a while and see if there's any disruption. According to the tech support guys in my local BMW dealer, there is no problem in wear and tear bec BMW designed a different switching mechanism to implement this start/stop function which is different from actually starting the engine when pressing the start/stop button. OK.. I actually have no idea what they are talking Just leave it like for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertech83 View Post
Wow, a fellow indonesian congrats on your new X3
Cool! Glad to meet another Indonesian X3 owner.We are a rather exclusive group for now as X3s are still relatively rare in Indonesia. What's your X3 color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertech83 View Post
I usually have my start/stop feature deactivated. I find that s/s system is activated right after driving a few meters, and I agree with jsplayin that I don't like the s/s feature to activate when the engine is still cold. Besides, it is hot where we are, so I find the engine will start itself before the traffic light turned green as the cabin temperature rose and need the a/c to function. Not sure it will even reach 3% fuel save.
Hmm... According again to the tech support guys, the aircon operation is not disrupted by the auto start/stop function. Reading the manual seems to confirm this as the start/stop will not be enabled when outside ambient temperature is hot.

Last edited by Ben Lee; 12-05-2011 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0